Theoutdoorchamp.com provides information on inflatable kayaks and other types of inflatable watercraft. Here you will find a comprehensive guide to help you determine which product is right for you to purchase.
Our goal is to help you make a smart and sound decision for you and/or your family. There are many factors in selecting a good kayak from price to ease of transport and therefore we have gathered all of the data for you in one location. Some brands we have reviewed are Sea Eagle, Advanced Elements, Coleman and more.
We try to focus on only the top models to save you time reading long reviews for products we would not recommend for purchase.
You should also check out our inflatable paddle board reviews and inflatable boat reviews pages. We hope you enjoy reading!
Kayaking is a sport that continues to grow in popularity. Some people areÂ looking to stay in shape andÂ burn some calories. Others just want to be out on the water and enjoy nature. Â Each year, there are new and improved options when it comes to this fantastic outdoor adventure.
Inflatables popularity has grown as opposed to the standard hard-shelled kayaks. With the constant improvements in the market, people have to do extensive research into discovering the best one for their next water adventure.
Our goal is to make this chore easier by providing you with our picks of the top-rated inflatable kayaks.
Best Inflatable Kayak
Anyone who enjoys kayaking with a friend or loved one will enjoy the Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Convertible kayak. Below is a list of reasons why we love it.
- Tracks very well
- Has built-in aluminum ribs to define the bow and stern
- Three layers of material to give you extreme protection against punctures
- Padded seats ensure comfort for all riders
- Adjustable seat locations helps with tandem or solo kayaking
Best Inflatable Fishing Kayak
If fishing is your preferred kayaking adventure, you should consider the Coleman Colorado inflatable. Below is a list of reasons why we recommend this fishing watercraft.
- Has rugged design and durability
- Multiple air chambers prevents it from sinking if you get a small puncture
- Guaranteed not to leak through its air valves
- Trolling motor add-on, which will expand your fishing capabilities
- Has paddle holders on board
Best Tandem Inflatable Kayak
The Sea Eagle 330 is our pick as the best inflatable kayak because of its versatility and great price. Below is a list of reasons why we love it.
- Has enough room on board for tandem riding
- Weight capacity of 500 lbs.
- Lightweight design makes it easy to carry on your favorite hiking trails
- Works well in whitewater and has a class III rating
- Total time to inflate and attach the seat is less than 10 minutes
Best Three PersonÂ Kayak
Are you looking to enjoy the open water with two other people? Do you just need a lot of extra space for a friend and gear? The Coleman Big Basin 3 is the three-person kayak for you. Below are reasons why we love this big vessel.
- Can hold up to almost 500 lbs and weighs less than 40 lbs
- Tarpaulin bottom makes it is very durable and hard to puncture
- Multiple air chambers means if there is a puncture you will be able to make it back to shore safely
- Tracks well which will keep you from tiring out
- Extremely comfortable for those longer trips.
Best Whitewater Inflatable Kayak
When you want to go on whitewater, it is important to have a vessel that is up to the task. The Advanced Elements StraightEdge is that one and below are reasons why we recommend it.
- Has self-bailing system
- Has aluminum ribs for durability
- Made of heavy-duty PVC tarpaulin material to resist punctures
- Has a weight capacity of 300 pounds
- Folds up small enough to fit into a duffel bag
Best Inflatable Kayak for Beginners
Beginners need to feel confident and stable when they first get into a watercraft. They donât need all of the bells and whistles that some of the more advanced kayakers would want. That is where the Coleman QuikPak K1 comes in.
- It can be set up in as little as 5 minutes
- Has a tarpaulin bottom to protect it from punctures.
- Multiple air chambers to ensure it does not deflate before you can get back to where you need to
- Very reasonably priced
The Hobie Mirage i9S is our honorable mention. Below is a few reasons why we like it.
- Gives you the power to steer using an integrated rudder system
- Also has a sail mount add-on to use wind power
- Has a large cargo area
- Has easy carrying handles built-in
- Folds up to fit inside of a rolling travel bag
- Has a maximum weight capacity of 325 pounds