Rock climbing is an adventure sport which requires every climber to be well-aware of the climbing techniques. He/she should be fully equipped with all the basic tools to avert falls, cuts and bruises. Rock climber’s kit should have a suitable rock climbing shoes and harness also. He/she should be familiar with different types of rock climbing knots which will facilitate them to carry out easily their climb without any danger or hassle.
The rock climbing harness will protect you from any mishaps that may happen while you are rock-climbing, whether you are doing it indoors or outdoors. A strong rock climbing harness will ensure that there won’t be any accidents while rock climbing. Mountains are beautiful to look and but they are also unpredictable which is why you need to be extremely cautious while rock climbing. Make sure that all your gear as well as the rock climbing knots and rock climbing harness is secure and that you are good to go.
Rock climbing being a complicated sport; one should be thorough with knots. Knots are useful in different ways – when you tie your equipment to your waist, when you perform any climbing technique and also when you carry your rescue systems, knots are imperative.
Rock climbing being a complicated sport; it is important to be good with the rock climbing knots for your own safety. Rock climbing knots are useful in different ways – when you tie your equipment to your waist, when you perform any climbing technique and also when you carry your rescue systems, rock climbing knots and rock climbing harness are imperative for a safe climbing.
There are several rock climbing knots tutorial online that you can refer to if you want to properly learn how to make rock climbing knots without any mistakes. There are several instructors who specialize in everything related to rock climbing and they take classes too. You could enroll yourself in such classes and get your rock climbing knots perfect and practice indoors to ensure that you make no mistakes when the real deal happens. There is no scope of any mistake when it comes to tying the perfect rock climbing knots because one wrong step and you could be in serious trouble.
Rock Climbing Knots Of Different Types: –
There are umpteen rock climbing knots employed in rock climbing. But, one needs to know only the essential rock climbing knots. If you are familiar with important rock climbing knots and their variations, you will be fully equipped to complete your rock climbing mission successfully. There are methods which are easily adaptable for a successful climb. Single loop knots, double loop knots, hitches, stopper and bends – these are five general types of rock climbing knots. They are used depending upon certain situations. A climber has to be thorough with these rock climbing knots to avoid any type of injuries.
- Single Loop Knots: When you prefer to throw a rope into some object which is out of reach, or when you plan to attach to a loop of rope during rock climbing, single loop knots will be applicable. The main aim is to wrap the climber’s waist or around an object prior to tying the knot. There are different variations to this knot – the alpine butterfly knot, bowline and the figure eight loop, etc.
- Double Loop Knots: This involves two loops. This double loop knot ensures strong hold and safety than a single loop knot. When lifting or lowering another person or when hanging, a double loop knot can be used. The variations are – double alpine butterfly knot and double figure eight knot.
- Hitches: Hitches enable climbers to tie a knot which can relate to the size of the object it is tied to. Different purposes necessitate different styles or rock climbing knots namely prusik knot, clove hitch and the Italian hitch.
- Stopper Knots: As the name suggests, these knots are employed to stop the other end of the rope from unravelling or slipping through another knot. Common knots are classified as overhand knot, double overhand knot and the figure eight knot.
- Bends: These knots, meant for rock climbing, have been made when two ends of rope are tied together from the same rope. Or else, this is formed by joining two different ropes with a single knot. The variations are – the water knot, fisherman’s knot and double fisherman’s knot.