7 Best Gun Cleaning Kit Reviews 2022 -How To Use Effectively
No matter how expensive or quality your gun(s) are at some point they will need to be cleaned.
Whether you are a sports shooter, hunter, or takes occasional target practice, taking care of your firearm is vital to the longevity of the weapon.
Guns are not cheap and the upkeep of them should be taken seriously or you will find yourself having to replace your gun far sooner than you would otherwise.
Therefore, owning a gun cleaning kit is important. Cleaning is one of the most basic and important parts of owning a gun. With regular cleaning and care a quality gun will last for many years.
There is no excuse to take shortcuts with the cleaning kit you decide to purchase, and there’s absolutely no excuse to never clean your gun.
Keeping your gun properly cleaned and have a best shooting stick also lowers the chances of misfires which could led to damaged property or even tragedy.
Gun cleaning kits are one of the most critical maintenance parts attached to the gun itself.
It must be there in keeping the guns clean and ready to be used anytime the users need.
It is because there must be some powder gun deposits if the guns were used intensively.
Hoppe’s Universal Cleaning Kit
Best of the best
Hoppe’s No. 9 Cleaning Kit
Universal Handgun Cleaning kit
The first step in cleaning your gun is to purchase a gun cleaning kit.
Kits are available for specific firearms, or specially designed for certain types of firearms (i.e. pistols, rifles, shotguns, etc.), but usually the best value is to purchase a universal cleaning kit (like the Big Shot Gun Cleaning Kit) – especially if you have more than one firearm.
Mostly Kit comes with a cleaning rod, cleaning solvent, oil, cleaning patches, and “end rod accessories” (used to hold the patches on the end of the rod).
In addition to these tools, an old toothbrush and plenty of old rags are also very helpful.
Outers 25 piece 70084
The Outers 25 piece gun cleaning kit is a good universal gun cleaning kit. It includes a tool chest, which was a nice addition.
I read a lot of reviews about this kit, and many said that the parts were not that good and the case looks a bit chintzy
But I did read that many of the tools are made of brass and bronze. These are soft metals and are designed to by used gently. As long as you are gentle with the rods and brushes, they should hold up fine.
Otis 3-Gun Competition Cleaning System
The Otis 3-Gun Competition Cleaning System kit is compact.
According to reviewers, the various bronze bore brushes, Memory-Flex cables, some ends and tools are efficient and precise; the Otis UB-085 is very useful and gives a perfect finish.
Reviewers note that the patches are not very effective with a 12-gauge shotgun.
Many reviewers noted that they picked out the specialty tools that worked well with their guns, combining them with a different gun-cleaning kit that they got from another manufacturer.
Hoppe’s No. 9 Cleaning Kit Reviews
Hoppe’s Cleaning Kit with Aluminum Rod is best for .38, .357 Caliber and 9mm Pistol.
This to one of top rated and most selling Kit on Amazon. You will get a 2oz bottle and 2.25 Hoppe’s lubricating oil.
One thing I love most of it is square gun cleaning patches to keep guns for cleaning.
You will also find an aluminum cleaning rod in a box with some accessories like 1 Tynex Cleaning Brush, one knob end, one slotted end.
Hoppe’s Universal Gun Cleaning Accessory Kit Review
Hoppe’s Universal Gun Cleaning Kit is perfect for almost all type of guns.
You will get excellent results with this kit. You will get one universal cleaning rod with Shotgun phosphor bronze brush.
There is also a Caliber rifle phosphor bronze brush and also Caliber swab in the kit.
- Rifle to Shotgun Adapter brass
- Universal gun cleaning accessory kit
- 3-piece universal aluminum cleaning rods
- Includes five swabs and four slotted ends
- Nine phosphor aluminum brushes fit variety of calibers
- Shotgun and pistol adaptable
DAC Winchester Gun Care Kit
DAC Technologies is one of the top leading company which creates high-quality gun cleaning kits and gun safety devices.
They also create many other outdoor products which help the user in outdoor activities.
This gun cleaning kit is designed in the USA with quality materials 68 Piece Set.
SE 7624BC-5 Gun Cleaning Set Review
SE 7624BC-5 is best selling gun cleaning kit with 1165 reviews by customers. SE is proud to present our 5-Piece Gun Cleaning Brush Set with versatile cleaning capabilitiesFeatures:
(1) 3 types of double-ended brushes(2) 2 double-ended picks(3) Length of each piece: 7.”(4) Brush size:- Larger side: 1-½-inch x ⅜-inch- Smaller side: ⅞-inch x ⅛-inch(5) Plastic handles
Gun Cleaning Kit by Sage & Braker Review
Sage gun cleaning is one of finest quality gun cleaning kit in the market available at this time. It is very easy to use in few easy steps.
You can save a lot of time and money with this kit. With one pull through your gun with this gun cleaning kit takes the place of rod, brush, and patch.
Its copper brush detaches from buffing rope to allow for component cleaning.
Gun Cleaning Solvent: Maintaining Your Firearms
Different gun cleaning solvents use various chemicals such as nitro/copper solvents, lead solutions but which is the best among all?
HOPPE’S No. 9 Review
It functions perfectly in eliminating powder fouling, as well as does an adequate job on copper fouling in firearm barrels. Also, most find the odor agreeable. Buy it here!
Shooter’s Choice Bore Cleaner
Another great industrial solvent is Shooter’s Choice. That is stronger than Hoppe’s No.9, and it is great in case your weapon is incredibly filthy. Regrettably, it smells bad therefore ensure you’re using it in a well-ventilated place. Buy it here!
Besides industrial brew powder solvents, you may use a few products readily accessible at equipment stores and car parts for weapon cleaning.
Oil does a great work of eliminating powder fouling and is a component in Hoppe’s No.9. Carburetor solution is just one of the most excellent alternatives to eliminate tenacious build-ups of plastic wad deposits in shotguns.
We are not just here to find out which is the best cleaning solvent but also which is the best gun cleaning kit. Maybe all you need is a bore snake and a gun solvent?
We are in the business of making sure you get to chose what’s best to maintain your firearms.
CLEANING KITS COMPARED
- Hoppe’s Universal Gun Cleaning Accessory Kit
- Ohuhu 28pcs Universal Hand Gun, Rifle & Shot Gun Cleaning Kit with Carrying Case
- Hoppe’s No. 9 Deluxe Gun Cleaning Kit
- GUN CLEANING KITS by Sage & Braker
- Real Avid .223/5.56 Pro Pack Premium Maintenance Kit
While gun owners should not be cheap when it comes to purchasing the best cleaning kit, it’s also important to not waste money. As with any product there are cleaning kit manufactures that overcharge for equipment which simply doesn’t deliver. We compared the cleaning kits to see which comes out on top in affordability.
• Hoppe’s Universal Gun Cleaning Accessory Kit. While not expensive, this gun cleaning kit doesn’t provide the best value for your money. It’s not terrible, but keep your expectations down.
• Ohuhu 28pcs Universal Hand Gun, Rifle & Shot Gun Cleaning Kit with Carrying Case. Practically a steal. Ohuhu really understands a great value.
• Hoppe’s No. 9 Deluxe Gun Cleaning Kit. It may come with Hoppe’s branded lubricating oil, but the deal still cannot compare to Ohuhu. Remains a quality value.
• Gun Cleaning Kits by Sage & Braker. To be frank, this just isn’t a quality deal at all. In fact, it’s the worst deal out of the entire group.
• Real Avid .223/5.56 Pro Pack Premium Maintenance Kit. At face value, it seems to be a decent deal, however many issues have cropped up with the product making us skeptical if it’s worth the slightly advanced price.
Assortment of Supplies
The best gun cleaning kit will have brushes and cleaning tools that will fit numerous barrels and different types of firearms. If a kit can’t clean a wide variety of guns, it may render itself practically useless to gun collectors. This is an important section for those with a wide array of firearms.
• Hoppe’s Universal Gun Cleaning Accessory Kit. Comes with about everything anyone will need to clean their firearms except for lubricating oil. Contains a quality assortment and scores highly here.
• Ohuhu 28pcs Universal Hand Gun, Rifle & Shot Gun Cleaning Kit with Carrying Case. Literally has everything you could ask for. It also does not come with lubricating oil, but has even more of a variety than the Hoppes Universal kit.
• Hoppe’s No. 9 Deluxe Gun Cleaning Kit. Fairly strong kit and it comes with its own lubricating oil. It compares quite well with the Ohuhu.
• Gun Cleaning Kits by Sage & Braker. The style of the kit is “catch all” with the rope replacing brushes and rods. Sadly, it’s not that great in execution. It falls a bit short in this area.
• Real Avid .223/5.56 Pro Pack Premium Maintenance Kit. Built mainly for the AR, isn’t really made to clean handguns. Definitely isn’t the best in this category.
Being able to easily transport your cleaning kit is important, it’s probably the most difficult section to judge, but we could do so after reviewing each kit closely.
• Hoppe’s Universal Gun Cleaning Accessory Kit. A solid case and light weight makes the kit extremely portable.
• Ohuhu 28pcs Universal Hand Gun, Rifle & Shot Gun Cleaning Kit with Carrying Case. Extremely portable and easy to store. Ohuhu considered everything when putting together their flagship kit.
• Hoppe’s No. 9 Deluxe Gun Cleaning Kit. Despite problems with the case it remains extremely portable, however it loses points due to the present case issues.
• Gun Cleaning Kits by Sage & Braker. Lacks a case or any sort of storing device. Makes the owner have to figure out a safe way to transport the kit.
• Real Avid .223/5.56 Pro Pack Premium Maintenance Kit. It’s compact size makes it the perfect case for moving around and taking with you anywhere.
What’s the point in investing in a product that will quickly break apart? This is where the real value of any product is put to the test. Unfortunately, several of these kits completely lack in this crucial eliminating them entirely from being the best gun cleaning kit on the market.
• Hoppe’s Universal Gun Cleaning Accessory Kit. Decent durability, but the brushes are sadly known to break. It’s not the most durable kit, but also not the worst when compared to some of the others.
• Ohuhu 28pcs Universal Hand Gun, Rifle & Shot Gun Cleaning Kit with Carrying Case. Completely rock solid, each tool is built to last and even the case is extremely durable! It’s hard to find anything about this kit to complain about.
• Hoppe’s No. 9 Deluxe Gun Cleaning Kit. There have been several reported problems with the case and brushes being flimsy. The reports are quite alarming and should cause a red flag to go up for gun owners who are considering purchasing this kit.
• Gun Cleaning Kits by Sage & Braker. It’s rope, no case, and if one piece of the kit breaks the entire thing is useless. Sage & Braker need to completely scrap this entire concept and start over.
• Real Avid .223/5.56 Pro Pack Premium Maintenance Kit. Real Avid has been publicly called out for requesting favorable reviews within a week of purchase in exchange for a free bore. However, that has not kept from the durability issues to be hidden. Pieces in the kit seem to break with ease and that is extremely problematic.
Big Shot Gun Cleaning Kit
Cleaning is one of the most core and essential parts of owning a gun. With regular cleaning and care, a quality gun will last for many years.
The first step in cleaning your gun is to purchase a gun cleaning kit. Kits are available for specific firearms, or specially designed for particular types of guns (i.e. pistols, rifles, shotguns, etc.), but usually, the best value is to purchase a universal cleaning kit (like the Big Shot Gun Cleaning Kit) – especially if you have more than one firearm. This kit is designed for use on almost any type of modern firearm.
The majority of the gun owners wish to clean their guns using proficient gun cleaning kit. Perpetual cleaning of the gun promotes your secured gun handling strategies. Failing which may be hazardous and the remains from it may lead to the formation of rust. These kits comprise of brushes, cleaning wipes, boxes, mats, Barrel weasels, cotton mops, Bore and muzzle tips, gun stocks and metal finishes, oil and rust stopper, solvents and other assorted accessories. There are various steps involved in cleaning your gun, following which you will possess a safe and efficient gun.
- Scrubbing: Before starting the process of cleaning, empty the gun completely and then dismantle it. After separating it into different parts, the cleaning cloth should be used to swab down all tiny particles to get rid of the carbon that is formed by the gunpowder. The cloth is used for cleaning the ejector, guide rails, and the chamber area. The solvent from the kit should be applied on the different parts, concentrating more on the crime areas and carbons deposits and leave it for some time. Then start scrubbing the whole gun using the brush, which coupled with solvent, totally wipes off the gunpowder deposits even in all minute areas.Removal of the excess solvent: After scrubbing completely, the solvent should be removed with a clean cotton cloth from each part till it appears shiny. The inside and outside of the firearm of the gun should be wiped off with the lint-free cloth soaked in the solvent. Thoroughly check for any other parts with any stains and clean up that particular area too.
- Barrel cleaning: Then the thick lump of carbon deposits should be cleaned up and by using the bore brush slacken up any other form of deposits from barrel segment by moving through its entire length for a minimum of five times. The direction of brushing the barrel should not be reversed but shove it throughout allowing the bristles of the brush to change its direction on the barrel’s outer side.
- Protective shield from rust: Wipe off the barrel again and again with several fresh pieces of cloths till one of it comes out immaculate. The next step is to wipe off the barrel with a fresh cloth soaked in oil, which will protect your gun from being rusted. Not only the barrel but also the entire parts of the gun which are needed to be lubricated should be oiled. The user manual will detail you about the components those need oiling frequently. Assure yourself that you have applied oil in areas surrounding the gyratory parts like the trigger assembly and the hammer base.
- Reassembling: The channels and the rails that guide the bullets should be oiled perfectly. When you are not satisfied with you gun with a shiny face, then lubricate it more but if the lubricant is abnormally free, the excess of the same should be removed. After checking for the perfect condition, the gun can be reassembled fully and finally wipe off the complete gun to remove surplus oil deposits.The best gun cleaning kit will provide you with all the materials required for cleaning your gun following the above-mentioned steps. Responsible owners will try to not only have excellent knowledge in loading, firing and storing their guns but also keep them clean and maintain them in excellent working condition. There are various kits available in the market from which the choosing of the best one has become a difficult task. Since it is a safety measure, much caution is required to select the best kit for your valued money being spent. Numerous gun cleaning kit reviews are available online for assisting you to select the kit according to your requirement and budget.
The following factors are essential to be considered while choosing the kits to
keep your gun clean:
- Kit comprises entire required components
- Components are made of first quality materials
- Suppleness of the components
- User friendly
The majority of the cleaning kits do not contain all the things completely required by you. Assure yourself that all the apparatus needed are available in one pack so that you need not go in search of each tool separately. Usually, they miss out cleaning rods and bore cleaner. Check for all the components before you buy the kit. The cleaning rods should be sturdy weighing over 750 pounds with brass tips. The T-handle makes the cleaning so simple without any strain to neither your forearms nor your hands. They are also capable of removing all the hazardous barriers in no time. On the other hand, a bore cleaner is a multi-purpose tool performing the job of cleaner, rust preventer and lubricator. Hence check out particularly for these components coupled with cotton cleanout pieces before you decide to purchase the kit.
First quality materials:
When you go for the cleaning kit, which is cheaper, you are not benefiting at all since it will have to be replaced shortly. Hence it is more vital to choose the best cleaning kit that is perfect for cleaning up, simple to use, easily approachable by you leading you to maintain the gun glossy, safe and perfect. Check whether the wire brushes in the kit are made up of the finest wire, which enables comprehensive cleaning. Better hunt for these brushes made from solid shining brass for excellent results. This wonderful make not only gives an elegant appearance but also enables them to draw through the barrel of your gun. Also, ensure the patches perfectly suit the cleaning rod that is included in the kit. If you purchase the rods and patches separately and they are not matching with each other, then they will not be tight enough for the perfect contact with the barrel of the gun and hence cleaning will not be thorough and precise.
The kit that is purchased should be capable of cleaning various types of weapons and not alone your gun. For professionals possessing hunting rifles of different types and different sizes of shotguns, purchasing one cleaning kit for maintaining all the guns will be more beneficial. If the kit you choose is capable of performing with different types of handguns too then, that is the best gun cleaning kit of all and never hesitate to buy the same. The perfect kit should be adaptable with taking care of both your self-protection and sports guns.
As the owner of guns, your thoughts and challenge should be in searching the ideal place for your tree stand and not in how to use and place your cleaning kit. Most of the cleaning kits are intended to guarantee both the trainees and professional users to easily utilize each tool available in the kit.
The handle makes the cleaning more simple and meticulous making it a regular habit of the user. The thin wires and concrete design of the brushes smoothen the pulling and clean-up jobs.
The cable of the kit makes the screwing up harder while cleaning preventing the trainees to shove the brushes in the erroneous direction and thus avoiding the risk of being jammed.
Some of the kits also serve as a learning tool impending with wide-ranging multi-media and printed instruction booklets.
With visual lessons recorded in CDs, they guide you through every step in the process of cleaning. For ready references and users preferring to read, printed guidebooks are made available, which are more often than not similarly explanatory with colorful images avoiding perplexity.
Tips and guidelines
Guns need care and maintenance like a child since it determines the life and the performance of the same. A well-maintained gun looks elegant, shoots perfectly and hunts greatly. Among the various brands of cleaning kits available the gun cleaning kit reviews by experienced persons will facilitate you to select the best among them. T
he length of your gun’s barrel and its caliber are to be mainly considered for choosing the right cleaning kit. They determine the thickness of the cleaning rods and patches which are the major components that should perfectly match with each other.
If you are not confident of the specifications of your gun, you can get the assistance of the people in the gun shops in your locality for obtaining the exact measurements and also some suggestions regarding your kit choices. Many reputable brands offer discounts and rebates for specific kits, which you can avail if you particular kit is available on their list.
The wisest decision and the simplest way to purchase the ideal cleaning kit is to approach the manufacturer of your gun and get the kit specifically designed for it.
This will avoid the mismatching measurements and risky test of using other brands which may be not as good as the original supplier provides. For people who are not aware of their guns extensively, this option is the best one, which assures them excellent results.
Though the price fixed by the manufacturer will be high for this particular merit, the components of the kits will be of great quality and never disappoints you and make you feel worth spending.
You’ve spent hundreds, even thousands of dollars on that little upland firearm. So doesn’t it just make sense to protect that investment for a lifetime of hunting enjoyment?
Housed inside the solid walnut case are all the accessories you need to keep your smoothbore in pristine condition for many years. The rosewood cleaning rod is fitted with gold-plated caps and accepts the included brass split jag, wool mop and brass brush.
Also includes a round nickel oil can, a square metal oil can and a round nickel vaseline jar for patches. Case measures 15″ x 5″ x 3-3/8″. Available: 12-gauge/16-gauge kit 20-gauge/28-gauge kit .410 kit.
Gun Cleaning Kit: Why You Need One
For those people who hunt or shoot for sport as well as those who keep firearms for the sole purpose of security are equally concerned about the responsible use of guns.
Along with this responsibility is to make sure that proper care and maintenance is being practiced.
You ask any gun owner, and he knows the importance of keeping his firearms clean. If you fail to do so, your weapons will not last very long even if they have the priciest tags attached to them.
This is the primary reason why you need a good gun cleaning kit. So before you get apathetic and think you can go on another month without performing a good clean, you may want to think again! It does not take hours to clean a gun so stop making excuses.
As long as you exactly know what you’re doing and you have all the proper tools you need like a quality gun cleaning kit, you should be able to do the task with no sweat.
Did you know that several fires, feeding and accuracy troubles may be corrected with a clean gun? Yup, that’s how valuable a gun cleaning kit is! Of course, you want to keep a gun that is 100% reliable, it’s like saying “it should shoot when you need it to.” If the gun should go wrong in an emergency, you cannot just tell your family to go to a hiding spot and wait for the cops to arrive at your rescue.
It’s really simple when you take the time to keep your firearms in its top notch condition by using a gun cleaning kit, the fewer problems you would have to encounter down the road. For proper maintenance, consider purchasing products that you can rub onto your weapon to protect it against various elements. The best way to keep your firearms in good shape is to keep them protected when possible.
I can’t tell you enough how important cleaning and maintenance is. If you have the habit of always preparing your gun correctly for any adverse field conditions, it will compensate you with efficient operation and resolute accuracy. Isn’t that what we all wanted?
With improper care and maintenance, you are running the risk of fouling from powder and metal corrosion from moisture buildup.
These things greatly affect accuracy, they can cause jamming and pretty much shorten the life span of your firearm. Did you know that moisture can damage a gun to the point of complete uselessness?
It’s essential for you to store your gun in a clean, dry place, preferably a gun cabinet safe. Don’t commit the mistake of storing it in a gun case.
Make sure you prep your gun properly before putting it away. Strip gun down on a regular basis and clean it thoroughly even though it hasn’t been fired and is just sitting in your storage cabinet.
Look for a gun cleaning kit that contains everything you need. Cleansers and lubricants should be formulated with the purest quality ingredients that were tested to perform under extreme weather conditions and temperatures.
To get you off to a good start you need a gun cleaning kit with Cleaning Rod, Patches, Accessory Ends, Solvents and Lubricating Oil.
Ultrasonic Gun Cleaning
Pros and Cons of Ultrasonic Gun Cleaning
While researching information about a good gun cleaning kit, you may have come across discussions about ultrasonic gun cleaning. What are some of the pros and cons of ultrasonic gun cleaning?
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons.
The Pros Of Ultrasonic Gun Cleaning
Ultrasonic gun cleaning gets your gun clean, and it’s usually quite fast.
Ultrasonic gun cleaning cleans deep and makes it possible to get into small places and cracks that otherwise are hard to clean.
No need to take anything apart with ultrasonic gun cleaning (a definite plus).Many different cleaning solutions work with ultrasonic gun cleaning systems.
The tank can be used to clean many things – not just guns.
The Cons of Ultrasonic Gun Cleaning
A definite need to be careful and not get your fingers in the ultrasonic cleaning tank.Ultrasonic gun cleaning can be expensive.If using a solvent that might normally damage plastic or gun finishes, ultrasonic gun cleaning will make it happen faster.
You MUST be sure to apply a perfect coat of anti-rust lube after cleaning to help protect your gun.
How to Clean and Store Your Gun to Ensure Maximum Benefits
Knowing how to clean and store your gun is the first thing you need to learn if you own a gun. A proper cleaning routine will protect it from the effects of the weather.
Some of the things which can cause damage to the gun are sweat, rain, dirt, gunpowder, leading and of course, the day to day damage which can be caused by the regular use of anything.
If the gun is stored without being properly cleaned and dried, there is a high chance of some level of corrosion taking place. Knowing how to clean and store your gun will also increase the accuracy of the gun and its safety levels.
These are a few tips informing you how to clean and store your gun:- If you want to keep your gun in perfect condition, then obviously the first thing you need to do is purchase proper cleaning equipment.- After taking off the forend and barrel from the gun, they should be put down separately, in order to prevent the sustaining of some kind of damage.- A few drops of oil should be applied to a piece of gun, which should then be put on the plastic jag securely.
This plastic jag should be inserted into thebarrel and run through the barrel very thoroughly in order to clean out all the dirt and lubricate the barrel properly.- Each barrel tube should be run through four or five times with a bronze brush which has been attached to the end of a cleaning rod. This is to ensure a thorough scrubbing.-
A paper towel should then be wrapped around the plastic jag or bronze brush and should be inserted into the barrel. This paper towel should be run through from the chamber end of the barrel right to the muzzle and taken out. This process should be repeated until the paper towel comes out clean.-
Take an old but clean wool mop and put some oil on it. This must be run through the barrel once again, in order to keep it lubricated while in storage. A toothbrush should be utilized to clean the action.
So, if you own a gun, you must take responsibility for it and learn not only how to clean and store your gun, but also, how to keep it safe from anyone in whose hands it can cause damage, accidental or purposeful.