When it comes time to find the best sleeping bag for your next camping trip there are several things you need to consider before making a purchase.
You will want to determine what type of temperatures you plan on camping in because not all sleeping bags are made for all temperatures.
You will also want to consider how far you will be carrying your bag because if you plan on long treks then a more compact sleeping bag may be best for you.
With that being said, below you will find our sleeping bag reviews and our top 3 choices based on camping conditions:
Best Extreme Weather Sleeping Bag
The Coleman North Rim 0-Degree Mummy Bag is the perfect choice for those who will be sleeping in extreme conditions. With 54 ounces of insulation, this sleeping bag will keep you warm in temperatures down to 0-degrees.
The Coleman North Rim Zero-degree Mummy Sleeping Bag measures 32-inches by 82-inches and will fit most people up to 6 feet 2 inches.
This bag features Fiberlock which prevents insulation from shifting and a Thermlock zipper which reduces heat loss through the zipper.
This sleeping bag is designed to give you the ideal protection and warmth for overnight stays in extremely cold weather.
Conclusion: This sleeping bad is ideal for those who will be sleeping in extreme temperature down to 0 degree Fahrenheit or even for moderately cold temperatures.
- Protect you in extreme temperatures
- It is very comfortable and adjusts to most body sizes
- The semi designed hood covers the head and provides warmth
- There is a sack for items like socks and cell phones
- Can be machine washed
Best Cool Weather Sleeping Bag
The Coleman Green Valley Cool-Weather Sleeping Bag is the perfect choice for camping in cool weather between 30 and 50 degrees.
It features the ThermoLock zipper which reduces heat loss through the zipper and the Comfort Cuff which surrounds your face with softer material.
The Coleman Green Valley sleeping bag is durably constructed of a polyester cover with soft, cozy cotton-flannel lining.
It contains 3 pounds of insulation to keep you warm for the entire night and the QuickCord provides quick and tie-free closure of the sleeping bag when it comes time to pack up and head out.
Conclusion: Ideal for the average camper who wants a comfortable, warm and durable sleeping bag at a very reasonable price.
- 3 pounds of Coletherm insulation
- Very comfortable
- Easy to store
- Affordable price
- Too large for long hikes
- Too short for people over 6′ tall
Best Compact Sleeping Bag
The Suisse Sport Adult Adventurer Mummy Ultra-Compactable Sleeping Bag is the perfect choice for those looking for a light weight, easy to carry sleeping bag.
It is ideal for hikers who have a long trek and what a sleeping bag that is as light as possible.
The Suisse Sport Adventurer sleeping bag only weighs 2.9 pounds and compresses down to 12 x 7 x 7 inches when put in it’s stuff sack.
Even though it is incredibly compact, it is still very warm and comfortable. It’s 100-percent polyester ripstop outer and inner lining and double-layer construction allow it to have a 30-degree F temperature rating.
Conclusion: The ideal choice for hikers who want a very lightweight sleeping bag to carry and who are not going to be in extreme conditions.
- Suisse Sport Adult Adventurer Mummy Ultra-Compactable Sleeping Bag is cheap, when the price is weighed against its versatility.
- A Full chest baffle is provided, too.
- Packs smaller than majority of bags that are two times costlier.
- Bag is roomy around leg area. With this you can add some materials around your legs to keep them warmer.
- The zipper does stop just at 75% of the whole length, instead of the well needed 100%.
- Although the weight of the bag is considerably light, it is not qualified to be termed as ultralightweight as claimed.
These are 3 great options for sleeping bags for all conditions. Determine what type of conditions you plan to be sleeping in and then make sure to check out all of our best sleeping bag reviews to find the one that is right for you.
Coleman Palmetto Cool-Weather Sleeping Bag Review
When you’re out backpacking or camping for a few days one element of nature that shows you no mercy is weather. You cannot fight against it, but you can protect yourself.
If you’re going outdoors to a place where you know the night temperature is going to chill you to the bone, it is best to equip yourself with a good sleeping bag; and what better than a Coleman Palmetto Cool-Weather sleeping bag?
This particular model is one of the best sleeping bags available for the camper. What makes it special? Coleman has packed a wide array of features into this magnificent sleeping bag.
It was designed with comfort and ease as top priorities. It is a durable, versatile sleeping bag perfect for cool to cold weather camping trips.
- Comfortable and roomy in the bag
- Keeps you warm through the night
- Durable polyester cover
- Machine-washable fabric
- Five year limited warranty
- Not suitable for extreme temperatures
- It is rather bulky
Teton Sports Mammoth 0-Degree Sleeping Bag Review
For couples or families who enjoy backpacking together, Teton Sports has the perfect sleeping bag solution for keeping everyone cozy on a chilly night.
This oversized sleeping bag, complete with an adjustable, mummy-style hood, is great for larger individuals needing more room to stretch, cuddly couples or couples with a small child, and even as many as 4 smaller children at once.
While the Mammoth does have a 0-degree temperature rating, combined body heat adds to its warmth retaining capabilities, ensuring there are no frozen fingers or toes come morning.
Comfortable, roomy, and convenient to get in and out of, the Mammoth has many other features that make it a great option for backpacking and camping families.
The Teton Sports Mammoth 0-Degree Sleeping Bag has an Amazon.com rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
The few points that gained negative review remarks seem minor in comparison to the Mammoth’s positive features, making it a great sleeping bag solution at an affordable price.
- Provides additional warmth through body heat
- Strong easy entry/exit side zippers so multiple sleepers don’t disturb each other
- Warmth-retaining shoulder baffles
- Zipper draft tubes on both sides
- Soft, plush-feeling support
- Spacious and comfortable enough to double as extra indoor sleep accommodations
- Very economical price compared to other similar sleeping bags
- Does not unzip into two separate, single sleeping bags
- Only available in one color
- External material can be noisy
Suisse Sport Alpine Adult Mummy Double Layer Sleeping Bag
In the wake of all the fun, excitement and adventure you’re going to experience outdoors, you shouldn’t forget the trusty companion –
-your sleeping bag. It should be a part of the foremost items in your shopping list for the upcoming camping trip.
This is what makes sleeping out in the cold nights comfortable. However, chances are that you might be finding it hard to decide on the best slumber bag for your trip.
Factors that you need to consider include the temperature rating, the comfort, durability, size when packed and the cost.
The Suisse Sport Alpine Adult Mummy sleeping bag can come to your aid. It is quite light, easily packed and carried, and great for cold weather.
It is a cold weather mummy-style sleeping bag – cozy and comfortable.
The Alpine sleeping bag may actually satisfy all of your needs and relieve you from the task of searching any further.
- High-quality insulation for warmth
- Perfect for cold weather camping
- No cold spots (eliminated by the double layer quilt)
- Plenty of room
- Can be rolled up into a tight bundle
- Moderate loss of heat when the sleeping position changes
- Zipper line could be difficult to manage
If you are looking for other cool outdoor gear, make sure you check out our reviews of the best tactical knife and bushcraft knife. You probably also need a backpacking tent to go with your outdoor adventure. Take a look and let us know what you think!