We here at Theoutdoorchamp.com want to make sure that you know all about the different types of air mattresses that are available for your use while camping. Although this website is focused on camping and camping applications, air mattresses are not only good for that. They come in very handy when you have an unexpected visitor come into town, and they need an extra place to sleep.
- Bed Height 16.5″
- Built-in Pillow and Electric Pump
- 39 x 16.5 x 75 inches when inflated
- Fitted Sheets Tuck in Easily
- Folds compactly for storage or travel
Best of the best
- Bed Height 22″
- Built-in Electric Pump
- 60 x 22 x 80 inches when inflated
- Cozy flocked mattress top
- Deflates completely for travel and storage
- Bed Height 6″
- Soft plush top with comfort coils
- 57 X 27 X 6 inches Inflated Size
- AirTight system and Double Lock valve
- Wrap N’ Roll Storage System
You can even find information about the air mattress even if you spell it wrong. 🙂 There are many other names for these beds. They include the inflatable mattress, blow up mattress, and inflatable beds.These also come in many different sizes. The twin air mattress is great for a young kid or a teenager. Having an adult sleeping on it is a stretch.Next is the queen air mattress. This is going to be a great size for a moderately sized tent and an extra bed around the house.
The largest is the king size air mattress. This is perfect for the tall people or people that need some extra room to sleep.
One of the great brands is the Coleman air mattress. The Coleman brand has always promised quality and value.
Coleman Air Mattress – Its Different Types
If you’re looking for the perfect air mattress, Coleman is the best choice that you could ever make. Over the years, Coleman products have been proven and tested to be of high quality and are durable. The Coleman air mattress is no exception. This brand of the air mattress is very easy to set up and comfortable to sleep on.
1. Coleman ComfortSmart Queen Air Bed[amazon_link asins=’B00HRGW6RU’ template=’withoudtnameProductAd’ store=’doorchamp-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’cbefbfd4-fc36-11e7-8cc3-3d1b49e0db51′] The Coleman queen air mattress is perfect for outdoor activities like camping. Its surface is composed of PVC Rayon. To make sure that no amount of air can escape, this air mattress makes use of the Air Tight System, the Double lock valve and the Smart Coil System. For easy inflation and deflation, a Coleman pump is available for purchase. This air mattress is lightweight, stable and comfortable to sleep on. If you buy this air bed, you get a carry bag together with your purchase.[amazon_link asins=’B00HRGW6RU’ template=’BuyButton’ store=’doorchamp-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’0e3240b9-8a84-11e7-a882-331850712370′]
2. Coleman Four in One Quickbed Air Mattress[amazon_link asins=’B00339C3JG’ template=’withoudtnameProductAd’ store=’doorchamp-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=”] What makes this Coleman air mattress distinct from the others is the two twin sized mattresses that come with it. Its two twin beds can be used separately or joined to form a king sized bed. One can even be placed over the other to create a double high twin bed. This mattress features a double lock valve, a PVC formula, and a wrap n’ roll storage system. It is also ideal for camping trips because often a twin air mattress is the only size you can fit in a tent. With the innovative design of the 4 in 1 quick bed, you are for sure going to pick a winner.
[amazon_link asins=’B00339C3JG’ template=’BuyButton’ store=’doorchamp-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’3f720564-8a85-11e7-912c-2bac14f5e2d4′]
3. Coleman Air Mattress Guest Rest Double High Air Bed[amazon_link asins=’B000A6X970′ template=’withoudtnameProductAd’ store=’doorchamp-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’f6893496-fc36-11e7-ac6c-53de1356e61b’] If you want to sleep like a baby, then this mattress is the right one for you. This mattress makes use of the Comfort Smart Coil system to allow you to adjust the bed’s firmness with just one press of a button. It is usually twenty-four inches above the ground, so it almost feels like the bed you have at home. This mattress is very easy to inflate for it only takes less than three minutes to do. This is going to be the bed you want your guests to sleep on, that is if you don’t have a regular guest bed. Also, a carry bag is available with this bed to make storage very easy.
[amazon_link asins=’B000A6X970′ template=’BuyButton’ store=’doorchamp-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’c8cc2eb3-8a84-11e7-94c7-afb7fb136646′] After learning about the different types of Coleman mattresses, I’m sure you are now having a hard time choosing which one you should buy for they all have magnificent features which are unbeatable by other brands. When you buy one, you get a limited one year warranty, so if anything goes wrong within that year, you can still have the product replaced. After the warranty has expired, you may go to any Coleman air mattress repair shop to have any problems with the air bed fixed or use the supplied repair kit to fix any leaks yourself.
Best Queen Size Air Mattress for Camping
There’re two basic types of sleeping pads, the ones that are solid foam and air filled. They serve the purpose of providing insulation between the ground and you, as well as cushioning against it. Foam filled pads are usually more used by backpackers due to their minimal weight. Car campers don’t have the weight restrictions. Air beds do a really good job of providing not just insulation but also great sleeping comfort. Are you looking for the best queen size air mattress? Read for our selection of the camping air beds.
Best Queen Size Air Mattress Reviews
1. Intex Pillow Rest Raised Air Mattress[amazon_link asins=’B000HBILB2′ template=’withoudtnameProductAd’ store=’doorchamp-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’0ed2b519-fc37-11e7-94f4-236d016f3d67′] Intex Raised air bed offers the comfort of a home bed and is ideal for car travelers and campers. The Pillow Rest is easy to inflate with the built-in electric pump that will have your air bed set in 3 minutes. The process of deflation is just as easy. With the flip of the switch in minutes, it will be flat. This air mattress is mid-rise with 17.5 inches height from the floor. Provides more comfort with built-in pillows. The construction consists of dual chambers. If you’re car camping and the campsite doesn’t have the electricity you can use a battery powered or manual pump instead or get an inverter to hook up to your car battery. For storage, the air bed comes with a duffel bag. Comes in two sizes: twin and queen.
2. Insta Raised Bed with Never Flat Pump[amazon_link asins=’B006OU4ERA’ template=’withoudtnameProductAd’ store=’doorchamp-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’283d5b6d-fc37-11e7-a6bc-839e502aa5dd’] Insta raised air bed also comes in two sizes: queen and twin. Both of the sizes have a flocked top to keep the bedding in place. It employs a Never Flat technology that eliminates sagging as well as loss of air pressure. With its height, it’s almost like a real bed that’s as much reliable and comfortable. This Insta air mattress is more suitable for cabin tents that has standing room, not exactly for dome tents. With the built-in Never Flat pump the air mattress very quickly inflates and deflates. You just plug it in, and the airbed fills up. But if there’s no outlet at your campsite you should bring a car charger, or a car inverter and an extension cord.
3. Coleman Double-High Quickbed[amazon_link asins=’B006JH1KES’ template=’withoudtnameProductAd’ store=’doorchamp-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’894f5db2-fc37-11e7-a22b-4b0497af3938′] Coleman Quickbed features three layers of elevation making it as tall as any regular mattress. The construction consists of high-grade PVC and a Comfort Coil system for providing extra support. A soft plush top will make your sleep a luxurious comfort. With the Airtight System designed by Coleman, your air bed will not loose air while you sleep. You will need to get an air pump to inflate this mattress, as it doesn’t come with one. When not in use or for transporting it easily rolls up into its bag.
4. Intex Raised Downy Air Mattress – Queen[amazon_link asins=’B000M0MJU2′ template=’withoudtnameProductAd’ store=’doorchamp-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’9e18417f-fc37-11e7-bdba-790df6936664′] If you’ve got a big tent and love comfort then this Intex Downy queen size air mattress will be perfect. It’s thick providing durability, and at the same time, the deflated size is compact and light enough for portability in its carry bag. It features a waterproof and plush flocked top and dual chamber construction with the lower one providing support and firmness. Using the built-in electric pump, you can easily inflate and deflate it.
5. Intex Deluxe Pillow Rest Raised Comfort Queen[amazon_link asins=’B00177BQJE’ template=’withoudtnameProductAd’ store=’doorchamp-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’c6ce50f8-fc37-11e7-aea6-7f050cc40254′] This Intex raised queen size air mattress is a deluxe verison of the Pillow Rest airbed. The Deluxe Pillow Rest is designed with a sturdier outer layer, providing more comfort and stability. It’s equipped with a waterproof flocked top making the surface secure. The inflated height of this air mattress is 19 inches and for additional comfort it features a built-in pillow. Intex Deluxe Pillow Rest inflates and deflates just like the previous ones with a high-powered electric pump that’s built-in the mattress.
Don’t Buy A King Size Air Mattress Before Reading This!
Do you constantly go camping or travel with your partner? If that is the case, then it would be a good idea to get yourselves a king size air mattress. By owning one, you can now sleep comfortably with your loved one together in the same bed while outdoors. This air mattress is not only useful to couples. It can also be utilized by individuals who love to go camping in groups or those families who have several members. This mattress is very easy to use because you just simply inflate it and that’s it, there’s already sufficient room for everybody.
You may be wondering which type of air mattress you should get. With the availability of many options, it can be hard to tell which one is worth buying. To help you find the right king size air mattress for you, consider these factors first before making your purchase. Doing so can make sure that you get the one that is suitable for you.
1. The Capacity of the King Size Air Bed
Determine the weight capacity of the mattress. How many people is it able to handle? The big space is useless if it cannot withstand the weight of many people.
2. Easy Storage
Air mattresses are not used every day. Most of the time, they are just kept as a reserve or backup beds in case there are sleepovers at home, utilized for providing room and places to sleep for guests and during camping trips. For this reason, it is best that you choose an air mattress that is not difficult to store.
3. The durability of the Bed
Make sure that the king size air mattress bed that you purchase would make a good investment. It would cost you a lot of money if you constantly buy a new one every time there are occasions and when you are headed for camping activities. It would be a wise move to select an air bed that is sturdy and made of high-quality materials.
4. Price of the Mattress
You don’t have to spend more than you can afford just to get a good air mattress. There are several inexpensive mattresses for sale on the market these days so getting one which can suit your budget would be no problem.
5. Easy to Use
Choose an air mattress that is not difficult to inflate and deflate. It would take a long time to inflate and deflate king size air mattresses so it would be best if what you buy is one that is easy to set up and tear down.
By considering all the factors mentioned above, you will surely find the right king size air mattress for you. It would also best to get one that has its carry bag so that it will not be difficult to store at home or when bringing during camping trips. It is also highly suggested that you get a well-known brand so that you can be sure that what you bought is one that is of good quality.
[amazon_link asins=’B00FAW4O0A,B01IA86QYW,B00QQVBGC8′ template=’ProductCarouselwithoutheader’ store=’doorchamp-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’78065b80-8a87-11e7-9b68-93b8f52c1893′]
Twin Air Beds For Camping Enthusiasts
The twin air mattress is loaded with many standout bonuses that regular mattresses simply do not have. However, this isn’t to say that twin air mattresses aren’t equipped with the same level of comfort as their standard, non-inflatable counterparts. On the contrary, the comfort factor of the inflatable twin mattress is one of the main driving forces behind their popularity. If these beds weren’t every bit as soothing as one would expect, they wouldn’t be in such high demand. One of the most popular models is the Spring air twin mattress which eclipses its competition due to powerful innovations in comfort.
The main benefits of the twin air mattress are listed below:
A twin air mattress is a perfect choice for anyone looking to improve the quality of their sleep. Due to their natural and light feel, these beds bring the saying “like sleeping on air” to an entirely new level. The majorities of customers who have reviewed the items report an excellent feeling and account for the very little middle of the night disturbances due to the item itself. For long lasting sleep, a twin size air mattress is the ultimate choice.
Due to the simple nature of the materials that make up the bed, the prices associated with this product are very small. Even the most frugal of customers can appreciate the tiny prices linked with an inflatable twin mattress.
An average price for a twin size air mattress will fall between $$ as a stand-alone bed. When certain accessories are introduced to the product, such as built in pumps and sleek designs to accommodate the beds of trucks, the prices will rise. But rarely will a twin air mattress price be more than $.
A simple review of the prices between a cheap twin air bed and a standard twin mattress will show the glaring differences in cost.
The portability of a twin size air mattress is one of the best extra pluses that come with the product. One might incorrectly assume that filling the mattress with the required amount of air is a hassle, but in fact, it is very simple as many models come with a built in air pump to facilitate the pumping process. Most models have an average time of 2 to 4 minutes from completely deflated to a fully oxygen loaded and ready to go bed.
Ease Of Storage:
The twin air mattress can deflate and be stored away just as quickly as the setup process. Once the mattress has been fully deflated, it can be rolled up and put away in small, compact places like a hall closet or basement floor. This is a priceless convenience for those who will only be using their twin air mattresses on very seldom occasions.
Conversely, the bed is incredibly easy to pack up when going on a trip somewhere. The fabric that these beds are comprised of is very durable and simple to scrunch together in random positions, making it fit into most spaces.
Ideal For Camping Trips:
Another outstanding use of the twin air mattress is bringing it on camping trips. Most models use fabric that can withstand outside temperatures and conditions such as the ground of many parks and forests (although keeping your mattress away from shark objects is a must as their durability cannot withstand popping).
There are even types that fit directly into the back of truck beds, making use of a higher elevation for an added layer of protection. The snugness of a custom sized twin air bed is another added benefit of the air truck bed mattress.
With so many positive reasons backing up this product, it is difficult to find a reason not to purchase one. From the cost effective price to the ease of inflation and deflation, the twin air mattress is an excellent choice for anyone.[amazon_link asins=’B01B4K6NZU,B00HN982C4,B01F5PNLMS’ template=’ProductCarouselwithoutheader’ store=’doorchamp-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2c0420ac-8a89-11e7-96b9-2ba804c595d3′]
Air Mattress Madness
If you love the idea of camping but are less enamored with the uncomfortable sleeping arrangements it involves, you should consider buying an air matress.
Why leave the comforts of home behind? Camping no longer has to mean sleeping on a cold, hard floor. With modern air matress designs, it is possible to carry a small and lightweight airbed and have it inflated in no time.
Undoubtedly one of the best air matress manufacturers is the Coleman Company. The Coleman Company has been in the business of manufacturing camping gear since 1900. Today, as well as other camping related gear, they offer a wide selection of air matresses.
In this article, we will look at a few of the air matresses that Coleman has on offer.
The most basic portable air matress that Coleman sells is the Twin QuickBed Air Bed. As with all the air matresses that Coleman produces, the Twin QuickBed Air Bed features Coleman’s special double lock valve, which ensures that air will not leak from the matress while you sleep! This is a great improvement on some cheaper air matress designs, which leak far too easily, and should ensure that a Coleman air matress will stand the test of time.
The next matress in the range is the Double QuickBed Air Bed. This is the same as the Twin model but is large enough for two people. If you want even more space and luxury, you can even opt for the Queen QuickBed Air Bed. As the name suggests, this queen air matress is queen size. Perhaps not very practical for most camping trips but remember: an air matress is also great for use around the home when you have guests to stay.
Finally, the King QuickBed Air Bed is the flagship model in the range. It has an inflated size of 79″ x 75″ x 8.5″! It also rolls into a very compact shape for easy transport. It is made of heavy duty PVC but has a comfortable and luxurious suede top. If this is not comfortable enough, you can fit any standard sheet to the bed. This bed is truly for the luxury camper and will require a formidable tent to house it!
All the models mentioned are available in single height as well as in more expensive double height versions to have a truly soft air bed matress.
An air matress is all well and good, but obviously, it is not of any use without an air matress pump! Luckily, Coleman sells these too. From the basic foot pump (not fun – especially for something like a queen air matress!), which retails at only $, right up to automatic electric pumps, you are bound to find an air matress pump that suits both your air matress and your budget!
So, the next time you cancel that camping trip because you do not want the hassle and discomfort, why not consider an air matress? Your fellow campers will be green with envy!
Sleep Better With an Inflatable Mattress
If you like to go camping and you like to be comfortable when you sleep, then you might want to consider getting an inflatable mattress. For anyone that has had to endure a night with just a little 1/2″ foam pad under them then you know how necessary an air mattress is. The mattress provides more comfort than using camping sleeping bags alone. Even if you accidentally set up camp on some rocky ground, you won’t even feel it if you have your mattress along.
When decompressed, the mattress can be folded and stored in any vehicle storage area. It can also fit inside a large backpack or a piece of luggage. If you go on camping trips and take your car, you could easily bring along several of the mattresses for everyone to use. You could even use a queen air mattress with a double sleeping bag to make it feel more like your bed at home.
Are These Hard to Blow Up?
They inflate easily with the use of any bicycle pump or air compressor. This small air compressor can run on a set of batteries or off your vehicle’s battery.
Can it be used Like a Spare Bed in My House?
You can also use air mattress at home for unexpected guests. Because they can be inflated quickly, you can easily accommodate having a guest stay overnight without having advanced notice. The mattresses are constructed of a durable and thick plastic material that is not easily punctured. They also come with several different styles of coverings. You can purchase the more expensive mattresses, which has a velvet-like outer surface to provide extra comfort for those who use it. You can also purchase the basic mattress, which has the smooth outer surface of the plastic.
The velvet type of outer coating also provides more of a non-skid surface for bedding. If you want to have the air mattress as an additional bed for unexpected guests, the softer outer surface is better for placing sheets on the mattress and not having them move around. The smooth outer plain plastic mattresses are easier to clean and work best if you use them for camping or other types of outdoor activities. The mattresses are also a good addition to take to a cabin. They work well in any situation where you would otherwise use a folding cot for sleeping purposes.
There are many popular brands. The Coleman inflatable mattress comes with the Coleman name. I have personally used the Coleman brand and have found their valves and quality to be very good. I don’t suggest going cheap when it comes to buying one of these. You get what you pay for. I would rather pay a little extra and get one that is good and avoid waking up during the middle of the night to find that I am sleeping on the hard ground because my mattress sprung a leak.
An inflatable air mattress can be purchased at any major department store. Because you can inflate the mattress with any standard bicycle pump, you do not need to pack extra equipment to take it with you when you stay outdoors. It is the perfect companion piece for people that like to travel and pitch a tent to spend the night. You can use any standard sleeping bag in conjunction with the mattress, so you do not have to bring along any extra type of bedding. The mattress also comes with easy to attach patches should the need ever arise. They are also available in single and double sizes to accommodate whatever your sleeping needs may be. You can get anything from a twin air mattress to a king size. It is truly up to you and how much you want to spend.